Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Checking in with Baby


We haven't heard from Jillian in a while, so we dropped her a line and asked her to fill us in on her doings. Unsurprisingly, her doings are plentiful (and that sounded a little dirty).

"Hi guys,

My business partner Lewaa and I opened a corporation together, Jillian Lewis Inc. , back in November while I was working on my Project Runway collection. By March we had our first collection completed, a mini fall line. We spent the entire months of March and April dragging heavy garment bags to buyer offices. We had great success for our first season, though it was a long and difficult journey to get there. Let me also mention that starting a business during what is being called a recession was a bit discouraging at first, though we have had several trunk shows in Long Island that were so incredibly successful. I guess it proves that if you have special pieces that are desirable, even a recession can’t stop success in the fashion world. Lewaa and I worked together at Searle. Now, Lewaa and I live and work together, are newly engaged and we will be selling our line at the Searle stores among several other boutiques to be delivered at the end of July. We will be having a trunk show in September at the 60th/Madison Ave. location...I will keep you posted on an exact date. Now that our fall line is in the production status, I am working on a more extensive spring line and have private client orders lined up until September. I will be designing dance costumes for Works & Process at The Guggenheim Museum, performance September 21st and 22nd.

I will have some illustrations on display at Gen Art’s Styles 08 event for Tone Skin Care [TLo note: Five finalists who best interpret the theme "radiance" through sketches or storyboards will be featured at the Styles show on May 19th in competition for the Tone Fashion Vision Award. The winner will be awarded $10,000 to put toward their business. Jillian and Allison Kelly from S3 are finalists. Project Runway reprezent, yo!]

and of course I designed 3 dress options for Newsday’s Project Prom. [TLo Note: See below].

We have a few other deals on the horizon that we are not yet ready to announce but there is more excitement to come . Hope that is enough my friends. Again, thanks so much for your interest and support. Hope you are both happy and well. -Jillian"

Here are the sketches and video for Jillian's Project Prom entry.









Vote: Pick Amanda's prom dress!

[Sketches and video courtesy of newsday.com - Photo: WireImage]

No comments:

Post a Comment