Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Project Runway Canada: Three Out Already?



"The second season of Project Runway Canada began with a shock – two shocks, actually. Before the first challenge was even over, both Danio Frangella and Jaclyn Murray dropped out of the competition; Jaclyn suffered a severe panic attack and had to be hospitalized while Danio developed cysts on his legs related to a recent bout with cancer."


Danio Frangella, 33 LaSalle, Ont.

"What have I taken away from Project Runway Canada?

I would have to say a sense of pride, as I am very proud to have had the opportunity to be selected and compete against a fine group of talented designers. I am also very proud to have come home and really feel a sense of Canadianism that I have been away from for a long time, having worked overseas. I have learned to be human and listen to my body rather than try to be impossibly strong and discovering that at times your will is greater than your physical strength and you must at times be humble."

Camille Prins, 28 Toronto, Ont.

"Why do you think the judges didn't like your outfit this week?

I read in a recent interview that one of the judges hates bubble dresses...But I don't regret my design. There will always be people on both sides of the fence...those who love it and those who hate it! As a designer, you just have to go with something that you feel confident putting out there!"

Jaclyn Murray, 26 Winnipeg, Man.

"Would you have done anything differently?


I would have arrived to do the show in better health.

Do you think you deserved to be sent home this week? If not, who should have?

My situation was really unexpected and it came at an unfortunate time; no one wants to be seen on television this way."


Read the entire article here.

Related: Project Runway Canada is back!

Q&A with Project Runway Canada’s eliminated designers [Canada.com]

[Photos: GlobalTV]

No comments:

Post a Comment