Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sir Tim of the Gunn

When Tim speaks, we all listen. That's just the way it is.


In an interview with the L.A. Times (that desperately needed a copy editor), Tim lets loose on a variety of topics.

On the finale show:
"Owing to the fact that we couldn't reveal to the audience who the finalists were, we wanted to tape their introduction before the audience came in. We had to do a pre-fashion show, and we taped the whole thing. Through the miracles of editing, it's going to look as though the designers are speaking to the audience, but there isn't one."

Okay, that is the lamest thing we've ever heard of.

On Heidi in season 6:
"Well, I felt really bad for Heidi during most of Season 6 because, with too much frequency, she was the only common denominator, since she was the only one who had seen all the previous work of the designers."

Hunh? He felt bad for her because she'd seen all the previous work? We felt bad for the designers, not Heidi.

On Irina:
"Irina is tenacious. She really wants it. We had a very long lunch with Irina and her family, and, oh my God, talk about the nut not falling far from the tree. Her mother was saying things like, "If Irina doesn't win, she better not come home," and I could say she's already a winner. "

That explains a lot.

On Season 7:
"I will say that in Season 7 there are a number of designers who throw me under the bus, and Heidi says at one point, "I want a stool next to my chair with a red phone so I can call Tim Gunn," and I called out from the back, "I want a red phone to call you!" That will probably be edited out, though. [...] It's also the season of the sashay — no one other than me moves with any degree of urgency."

Thankfully, Tim has learned to stop declaring each season's crop of designers as the best ever in the history of the universe.

Read the entire interview here.


Related : 'Project Runway': Tim Gunn carries on (to Season 7) [LA Times]



[Photo: Mike Yarish/myLifetime.com]



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment