Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

Alexandra Vidal Spring/Summer 2008 Collection


Alexandra Vidal, that adorable blonde from season one, has a pretty little confection of a collection out for Spring/Summer 2008. Here's what she had to say to us about it:

"Dear Tom and Lorenzo,

Thank you so much for your interest in my new collection. I'm delighted you are putting it on your site!

The inspiration for this collection came from Ladurée, the famous French patisserie. I've named the outfits after different French pastries and desserts.

After Project Runway, I stayed in Miami and sold my clothes to boutiques mainly there, although also to Kirna Zabete in New York City. Then I met the man I would marry and prepared for my wedding. I made my dress myself using 65 yards of silk chiffon! I moved to Manhattan and took two seasons off from my collections and designed for private clients only while I gathered my thoughts about the direction I wanted to move in. The result is the new collection which I think reflects well where I want to go and the sensibility I want to convey.

Again, my gratitude for your interest.

Best wishes,

Alexandra"






















We think these looks are chic, cool, feminine and very, very French. What do you guys think?

(Photos: Courtesy of AlexandraVidal.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment