Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Big Daddy Gunn Shoots His Mouth Off


...and we love him for it.

Darlings, while you're breathlessly waiting for our first hand account of last night's festivities (which is coming soon - promise!), check out this jaw-dropping, dish-filled interview Tim gave to our dear friend Mo Ryan of the Chicago Tribune here.

A sampling:

On the finalists:

MR: I’m with you there. But looking at all the collections in the finale, they were all very strong. I agreed with giving Christian the win, but I thought Jillian’s work was very strong as well.
TG: “For me it was between Christian and Jillian. I thought it could have gone either way. I love Rami, I love his work, I just thought his textile choices were questionable. And I thought his color story was dour.”

On Season 4:

MR: People also said there wasn’t as much drama.
TG: “You know why? Because they’re so committed to their work, they have such passion for it -- that’s where they put their energy and their time and attention. It wasn’t about who’s dissing whom. They didn’t engage in that. And also they all recognize in each other the same kinds of qualities and characteristics, in terms of that passion for their work. They have this respect for each other.”

On the future of the PR designers:

MR: Do you think the show will get them to the next stage of their careers?
TG: “I’m confident that it will. It’s given them this visibility. And people like them, and they like their work. And they see how serious they are. So I can only think that people will want to come on board and help them. “It happened for [past contestants] Kara Saun, Emmett McCarthy, Daniel Vosovic, Laura Bennett – it happened for a lot of them. People have stepped up and said, ‘I want to assist you.’ Emmett’s got a line of handbags coming out on QVC."

On the new season:

MR: It must be hard to think up challenges, four or five seasons in.
TG: “I’m with you. I’ve even suggested for Season 5 that we bring back the best challenges of the past four seasons. I’d love to go back to Gristede’s, the grocery store, [from Season 1]. And you know no one’s going to buy corn."

On VictorYA:

MR: Wasn’t he [Jack] in the hospital for a week?
TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?
TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her.

[...]

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

[...]

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore."

UPDATE: The gloves are OFF, bitches. BPR has an exclusive response from VictorYA herself and it's WELL worth reading.


[Photo: Countess/WireImage]

No comments:

Post a Comment