Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Catching up on PR Canada



We found an interview with our favorite PR Canada designer, Carlie. Some tidbits:

"During the first season of the American Project Runway, three or four years ago, I told everyone in school that if [the show] ever came to Canada, I’d totally win, so I had to put my money where my mouth was."

"People are already beginning to recognize me," she whispers conspiratorially. "It’s weird."

"Strangely enough, given my personality, it was easier for me to be on national TV than walk into a store and say, 'Buy my stuff!' The whole goal of doing Project Runway was to win and get that $100,000 to start my own line. How else am I ever going to get a hold of that kind of money? Not eat for five or six years?"

"What next? You need to be reachable. Otherwise, you’re this mystery designer people may have heard of on the show, but they have no way to contact you. I’m working on a website right now - that may be the most important part. This sounds so basic. I’m so naive," she frets. "I don’t even know what’s going to happen after the show finishes."

PR CANADA EPISODE 3: PASSION FOR FASHION

You can catch it here.

Unfortunately the designer who didn't measure up on this episode is displayed right there on the page even before you have a chance to see the episode. Slice forces you to watch the exit interviews before you get to episode 3. Be patient. It's interesting that they have an exit interview for the model as well.

(Photo: John Van Der Schilden/Slice)

No comments:

Post a Comment