Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Iman dishes on Project Runway Canada


Elle Canada (who knew?) has an interview with the fabulous Iman and she uses the word "flava" in a sentence.

Did Canada blow your mind?
"Well, I wasn't in Canada, so to speak; I was in Toronto, to be more specific! It's like saying you're in America when you're in New York -- it's a totally separate entity all its own. Having said that, Toronto's a very cosmopolitan city that has its own flava!"

Tell me about Canadian fashion -- I want the truth!
"I think they hold themselves back and have this 'inferiority' complex because they're so close to New York. I think they should go for the gold and think global! Fashion has no borders: a beautiful dress is a beautiful dress from Toronto to Timbuktu. I think there's one designer among the finalists on Project Runway Canada who has that potential."

You told the Canadian executive producer that you would "wipe the floor with Heidi Klum." Is she your new Swiffer?
"I wish I was clever enough to have said that, but, alas, I'm not. I accepted to be the host of Project Runway Canada because I love the integrity of the format and that it showcases talent -- it's not salacious. I think we've had enough of that on TV and in the real lives of the new starlets!"

Was there anything you would have changed about the show?
"Definitely. I would have put two huge fans at the end of the runway so that when I walk down the runway, my hair blows -- just like a Beyoncé video. How cool would that be! And I would have given myself a huge budget for clothes -- all exclusively made by the top designers -- and then start archiving it. I also would have given myself a huge trailer with a personal chef and a masseuse. All these personal elements would have added dimension to the show."

PR CANADA EPISODE 2: WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS

You can catch it here if you're quick about it:



OR here:


You can watch Parts 2-6 here.

(Photo: John Van Der Schilden/Slice)
(Video: MsRoyalT/YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment