Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

January Jones in Interview

The Devil and Miss Jones.


Are we all gearing up for next month's start of season 3 of Mad Men? God knows we are. We've been watching and re-watching the DVDs of the first two seasons and we are salivating in anticipation. To whet your appetites, here's a little of our favorite repressed housewife.

In the latest issue of Interview magazine, you can read a (what else?) interview with January Jones conducted by none other than Jack Nicholson, of all people:

"We get the scripts two days before we’re going to shoot them. I don’t have time to think about it. I’ve never been trained as an actress, so it’s all instinct. I just let myself go into this kind of a free fall. Sometimes I feel scared, or out of my element—like everyone else knows what they’re doing but me. I don’t know . . . Maybe I function well with fear or I like to be faced with a challenge . . . I think I’m just a work in progress."

"I think men are still attracted to what they’ve always found attractive, which is a woman [both laugh] who is feminine, soft, real, and . . . womanly. In the time of Mad Men, women were very polite and soft-spoken, and they didn’t express a lot of opinions. Now, I think women have become a little more rigid or hard—and I don’t think it’s because of men. I think it’s because women have become more masculine or we’ve forced ourselves to become more masculine. What’s in fashion now is very thin and hard."

Read the whole thing. It's pretty interesting. Plus, eye candy:

Bodysuit: Marc Jacobs - Bra: Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci

Bodysuit: Marc Jacobs - Bra: Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci - Gloves: Jil Sander

We've said in the past that she doesn't look nearly as good when she's out of her '60s drag, but we have to say, she looks pretty amazing here.




And if you don't feel like shelling out the money on DVDs to refresh your memory, Season 2 of Mad Men is currently OnDemand in its entirety.

[Photos/Video: Vinoodh Matadin/Inez Van Lamsweerde/interviewmagazine.com]


Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment