Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Time to check in with our gal.



Our fabulously glamorous gal Laura Bennett will be appearing at Charleston Fashion week to act as spokesperson for the fabulous organization Dress for Success.

"Charleston magazine presents the first annual Charleston Fashion Week, a five-night celebration of fashion and Charleston’s burgeoning retail and design community. Beginning Tuesday, March 20 and continuing through Saturday, March 24, 2007, downtown Charleston’s historic Marion Square will echo New York’s Bryant Park during NYC Fashion Week with enclosed tents filled with the latest designer wares. Charleston magazine will invite local retail stores to produce and present runway shows featuring their Spring 2007 collections."

Fabulous, no? We figured it was time to exploit our friendship for some blog content, so we sat down for our very first interview. Barbara Walters, you better check your ass, that's all I'm sayin'.

Us: Tell us a little about Dress for Success. How did you get involved with them? Is it because you're always so successfully dressed?

Her: I was successfully dressed when I approached Dress For Success to see if I could help them in any way. I was honored when they asked me to be a spokesperson. I have always believed that if you look great, you feel great and great things will happen; sort of fashion Karma. That is the root idea behind the organization.

Dress For Success is a great charity that promotes economic independence to disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools. I love the idea that an amazing chain of events for a woman can start with an interview suit. The concept is so simple yet so powerful.

You'll be appearing as their spokesperson at Charleston's Fashion Week. Do you have your outfit picked out? Do you need us to come over and help you decide? What's the event about?

I will be in Charleston for their first ever Fashion week. They are setting up tents in historic Marion square, similar to the tents in Bryant Park. The event lasts all week but I will be there on Saturday March 24th for the final events. The ticket sales benefit Dress for Success so please come out if you are in the area.

I have not actually decided what I will be wearing, so I welcome any input from my gay posse.

Can't go wrong with feathers and beads, darling.

Okay, it's the one question that everyone's been asking us about you and if we don't ask it, our readership will kick our asses: what are your plans, what have you been doing, what have you got coming up?


I am working on a line of wardrobe basics that make it easy for busy women to look great everyday and make it hassle free. These are body forgiving, easy to wear pieces that just take a few signature accessories make them fit your mood or style.

Classic looks, then.


If classic means they are not past season trends taking up space in your closet, then yes. These are the designs that make getting dressed and looking fabulous easy and uncomplicated for me.

Who do you see as your customer?


My customer is a woman who has some mileage under her belt.
The latest issue of some fashion magazine aimed at girls does not drive her wardrobe. She wants clothing that is well made, looks great and can go anywhere.

We hear you're going to be sitting in the judge's chair for the PR season 4 casting. Are you going to activate your mighty bitch powers? Show Nina how it's done.


I will be sitting on the judges’ panel for auditions in New York on April 8th and 9th. I don’t see myself as a mighty bitch. Sometimes the truth just hurts.

How's widdle Finn? Is he sewing yet?


Finn is not sewing yet. I’m not one of those pushy New York moms that force their kids to overachieve right out of the gate. He is doing very well and working hard to perfect his rollover.

Okay, just so this interview isn't entirely about us kissing your ass...why do you love us so?


I love you so because you also know the truth hurts. By the way, does this dress make my butt look big?


If by "big," you mean "FABULOUS," then yes.

Thanks, doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment