Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bring it, bitches - Part Zwei

Marion Lee

Lorenzo: I couldn't concentrate much on the piece because this bitch couldn't walk to save her life. I don't like the choice of fabrics on this.
Tom: I agree. I don't particularly like the proportions on this either.
Lorenzo: It seems like the top doesn't work with the bottom.


Tom: I kinda like this. I still think the fabric choices are off and she does look like she's farting feathers, but it's kind of cute.
Lorenzo: I go back and forth on this one. I like the concept, I love the way the skirt moved on the runway, not crazy about the feathers. I do love the top.
Tom: Me too.

Lorenzo: I thought it was a great look. Lea is a great model and she worked the shit out of it.
Tom: It has a sort of Halston-y vibe to it, which is nice, but I think the top's a little blouse-y.

Jillian Lewis

Tom: Shocked the shit outta me.
Lorenzo: I have to say that I'm really impressed with her. I didn't expect this level of craftsmanship. The-
Tom: Shut up and let me speak. I agree with you. At first I was like "Oh, it's all a little too Dr. Zhivago," but I have to admit, it looks great.
Lorenzo: The look is very hot. But the model almost ruined it. She walked like she had just fallen off the horse.

Lorenzo: I loved this look. The details were amazing.
Tom: Liked, not loved. I have a little bias against the Cabaret-esque garters showing. I'm really working the film references in on this one.


Lorenzo: To be honest, I wasn't wowed by this piece.
Tom: I have to say, it's not my taste, but it was very dramatic - and perfectly executed.
Lorenzo: I agree that it was dramatic for the runway, but do you really want to wear that?
Tom: Well, no. But last time I checked, I'm not a girl. I love the silver.
Lorenzo: I love the top; I just don't like the bottom.

Ricky Lizalde

Tom: I have to give him credit for going in a different direction. I don't know if lingerie's his "thing," or if he made a conscious decision to be the odd man out.
Lorenzo: Daniel Vosovic said the same thing.
Tom: Hmmph.
Lorenzo: I agree. When it first came down the runway, I was like, "This is your big chance and you chose lingerie?" But they were so well done, that I can see why he did it.
Tom: And it got him attention.

Lorenzo: I loved this.
Tom: I liked the model too.
Lorenzo: Me too. I thought this piece was very sexy.

Tom: Too basic. Looks like Daniel Franco lingerie.
Lorenzo: A little matronly.

Chris March

Tom: I'm going to start off by saying Chris' stuff is a little gay. Not necessarily in a bad way, but it has that Nick Verreos "FIERCE!" vibe to it.
Lorenzo: I like the dress. I just wish -- the trim looked a little funny. On the back especially.
Tom: I just thought it looked way too '90s.

Tom: I liked this one, though.
Lorenzo: I did too, but I didn't like the chain across the top -
Tom: Agreed.
Lorenzo - and it was a little too pucker-y in the back.

Lorenzo: I absolutely loved this dress. Very sexy and it moved perfectly on the runway.
Tom: I agree. It's Furstenbergalicious.
Lorenzo: I can see a celebrity wearing this on the red carpet.


Jack Mackenroth

Tom: I'm gonna go first on this because I know you and a lot of others liked this. I wasn't crazy about it. I'll admit, it photographs well but in my opinion, that's because the fabric does all the work. That cape looks dramatic, but in person, the whole thing was kind of shapeless. Plus, I have a bias against cutesy trompe l'oeil stitching.
Lorenzo: I really liked it. I thought it was a very sophisticated look. Camilla did a fantastic job. The only thing is that when she turned, the cape didn't have much structure and it just looked like fabric hanging off her shoulder.

Tom: This, I loved.
Lorenzo: I thought it was very cute. I'm a sucker for fabulous prints. Lagerfeld once said that prints were for middle-aged women with weight problems -
Tom: Oh go suck your fan, Karl.
Lorenzo - but I disagree with him. I think a dress can be all about the print.
Tom: So long as the print isn't doing all the work,
Lorenzo: True. And I think he does a great job with prints.

Tom: Case in point. This is a gorgeous print, although it's a fairly basic dress.
Lorenzo: Even though I didn't like the sparkly trim, I absolutely love this dress.
Tom: You ARE a sucker for prints.
Lorenzo: Yes, I am. And Marilinda did a fantastic job. What did he do to get Camilla, Marilinda AND Amanda to walk for him?
Tom: Took his clothes off.

(Photos: G. Gershoff/WireImage)

No comments:

Post a Comment