Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Project Runway Canada - Marie Geneviève


Metro News Canada interviewed Marie Geneviève last week after her exit from Project Runway Canada.

What was the big mistake that sent you home?

"I made the dress really too short, and that was the main reason. For them, I didn't listen to my customer because I made the dress shorter ... It just happened that way. I started playing with fabric and I tried to add some little details by hand-sewing, and it was really interesting, but then I realized that the dress was too short, and I didn't have any more fabric, because I designed it so I couldn't make it any longer."

What didn't you get to show the judges and the audience?
"I wanted to show them that I could do something classy and really well-done and chic, and I didn't have time to show them that I could do something really well-made and interesting."

What will you always remember from your experience on PRC?
"That it's a reality TV show and not real life. I guess what I'll really remember the other contestants - we loved the challenge so much. You learn to create under pressure, and the most important thing is you've got to learn to listen to what the judges have to say about your work and at the end of the day it's only what three people think in this world, and you need to listen to critics like Brian (Bailey), the mentor, but not too much - you need to keep it like yourself as well. This is the most important thing."

Calvin Klein or Christian Dior?
"Christian Dior. Calvin Klein is too mass-produced, and Christian Dior is really interesting and creative."

Who's going to win? Who do you want to win?
"Can I answer I want to win? I don't think I want to see anyone else win. Maybe Lucian."

___________________________________

Darlings, we've been so busy with PR S4 that we forgot to watch "Project Runway Canada". If you haven't watched it yet, you're in for a shock.

PR CANADA EPISODE 6: OPPOSITES ATTRACT

You can watch Parts 2-6 here.

(Photo: John Van Der Schilden/Slice)
(Video: MsRoyalT/YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment