Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Miss Garcia if you're nasty.

Nina's got something to say, so sit quietly and listen.

Movieline has a fabulous interview with La Nina and she dishes about the new season. Some NinaBites:

When was the first occasion in your life you honed your critical skills and enjoyed being opinionated?

I’ve always been opinionated, unfortunately, to my mother’s disappointment. But I never thought all that opinion would do me any good until this show. I’ve always spoken my mind. There’s no reason not to!

You’ve said that this season will be “fashion insider-y.” Can you elaborate on that? Will it be different from seasons past?
I think some of the judges that have come to be on the show this season are maybe not as well-known to everyone, but are very important and successful designers in themselves. It’s great that we got them. It’s great that they wanted to be part of the show; that’s the whole “fashion insider” thing. And they’re not all from New York; a lot of them are international designers. They’re not names not known to everyone, but they’re very influential at the moment.

You’ve expressed relief that the show is back in New York. Can the show ever leave it’s headquarters again? Where would it go next?
I don’t think it should leave New York, to be honest with you. I think we could do little trips, short trips, but I don’t think it should leave New York. New York is the capital of fashion, and it’s where the show belongs. I wouldn’t move it out of New York.

Much more at the link, kittens. Check it out.

[Photos: Getty Images]


Post a Comment