Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Auf-Wiedersehen!

Darlings, a one-act play for your enjoyment.

The curtain rises on a stage bare except for two desks facing each other with a television in the middle. Each seated at a desk are TOM, a bright-eyed optimist with a wicked tongue, and LORENZO, a wise, but cynical latin man, prone to outbursts because he is a latin man. They are each staring at computer screens while Project Runway plays silently on the television.]


LORENZO: I don't want to hear it!

TOM: I honestly don't get what your problem is here. It's not like you don't know this show...

LORENZO: IT'S INSULTING!

TOM: It's par for the course! What are you talking about? I didn't like Ping's ass lampshade any more than you did, but look at this dress!

[They pause to look at Pamela's dress on their TV.]

Model: Sarah Bell


LORENZO: Okay, so it's a little tacky...

TOM: Tacky?! It's HOOKER AT THE RODEO. This looks like a dress you could buy at a giftshop in a truckstop!

LORENZO: At least her ass isn't hanging out!

TOM: No, it just looks huge, not to mention easy access, what with the lacing and all.

LORENZO: So you honestly think Ping should have stayed and Pam should have been auf'd?

TOM: All I'm saying is, I get where the judges were coming from on this. It's exactly how they always judge. They see "point of view" when they look at Ping's work and they see "truckstop dress" when they look at Pam's.

LORENZO: I still feel the judges should make their decisions based on what they see in front of them.

TOM: LOL! I'm LOLing here! What show have YOU been watching? I'm not saying I like it, but they judge based on potential. They always have.

LORENZO: And you think Ping has potential?

TOM: Not really, but let's save that for the Ping post.

LORENZO: Okay, but let's not make me sound like an angry fanboy with this post.

TOM: Are you kidding me? Everyone's going to agree with you and think I'm smoking crack.

[Exeunt TOM and LORENZO. Curtain.]

And there you have it. You guys hash it out as to which one of us is crazy. One more thing:

What kind of model basically lets the judges know she hates her dress? Talk about throwing a designer under the bus. We've got our eye on you, missy.


Tim Gunn's Workroom:


Extended Judging:


Exit Interview:



[Photos/Videos: myLifetime.com - Screencaps: Projectrungay.blogspot.com]


Post a Comment