Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

God Bless Tim Gunn and His Big Mouth (Updated)

Sing it, sister!

You can always count on Tim to bring the bitchy and blunt to an interview and still come across as sweet as a cane sugar Coke. He sat down with Entertainment Weekly and, like he always does, told it like he sees it.

EW: Let’s be honest. Did you hate last season?
Gunn: Well, we all need to be truth tellers about it. My response is so filled with selfish dimensions – having to leave my own apartment and camp out in a strange place for 5 weeks, piling into a van to go to Mood which would take up to an hour one way. I have so many feelings about season 6. This has nothing to do with the individuals Carol Hannah, Althea, or Irina, but I was disappointed that our three finalists were three women in their 20s.

EW: If you could go back, what would you have done differently?
Gunn:
Upon reflection I think it was not advisable to have that season be in L.A. And I missed Nina and Michael. I engage with the designers in anticipation of what Nina and Michael will say and I know them well. It’s hard when it’s Heidi and 3 guest designers.

[UPDATE: Heidi, for her part, has this to say:

"We like to change it up, we like to go back and fourth,” Heidi told Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush on Wednesday. “So, the [next season] will probably be back in LA again.”

Bitch.]

EW: Do you cringe when a contestant, like Anna Marie Lynett, talks so pretentiously about being an “artist”?
Gunn: Yes. Yes, I do. I wasn’t at auditions last season but I was for season 7 and that was one of my roles in the auditions – to beat back at the producers when they’re seduced by personality. My role was to make certain who moved forward had the fashion credentials.


EW: I really hope Anthony has credentials because he is such a love of a character. He’s this season’s Chris March.

Gunn: He really is who he is. We didn’t make him up.

Read the entire interview here.


Source:
Tim Gunn Q&A: How does he really feel about the L.A. season and what makes him cringe? [EW]

Heidi Klum: Next Season Of ‘Project Runway’ ‘Back In LA Again’ [AccessHollywood]


[Photos: myLifetime.com]



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment