Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2006

Unleashing The Gunn


Listen, we promise we'll get back to being bitches real soon, but in the mean time, we'll let Tim Gunn do it for us.

"And this is going to sound peculiar but I’m glad Laura blew the whistle. The last thing that any of us would want would be for her to be harboring all these bad feelings and then after it’s all over, saying, ‘Point of order. J’accuse.’ That would have been a horrible, messy disaster."

"
We were just very direct with him, and I was particularly direct. He needed that talk. We said, ‘Do you realize how serious this is? Do you realize what the consequences of this could be? Do you realize what we’re going through because of your sloppiness? You’ve created all this, we didn’t inflict this on you. You did this yourself.’"


"
He said to me at the reunion show, ‘You’ve called me a liar and a cheater and said that I rolled over like a puppy.’ And I said, ‘Wait a minute, I have never called you a liar, I have never called you a cheater’ – and I wanted to say, ‘But I’d like to call you a liar now.’"


"Exactly. It’s one thing to be confident, it’s another thing to be delusional. He just seemed to never listen. The judges would give him such superb critical feedback, and he’d just say, ‘I think it’s hot. It turns me on.’"

Our good friend Mo Ryan of the Chicago Tribune conducted an hour-long, eye-opening interview with him, wherein he says things like "contretemps" and "ne plus ultra." Read the whole thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment