Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

Bad Mommy fights crime!

Darlings, Laura's first comic strip is up at iVillage and it's FABULOUS.


"The Case of the Party Primping Predicament -
Help, Laura! With the holiday season in full swing, I have so many parties to go to. I want to be glamorous. But, as a mom, I don't have the time or the money to put together an entire glam wardrobe. What can I do?"

You can read it here.

PLUS...

A fantastic interview with La Bennett at Parents.com. Some excerpts:

Parents.com: You seem so put together. Do you ever have days where you just wear sweats and no makeup?
LB: I don't have help on the weekends and sometimes if I think I am not going to be leaving the house I have a pair of stretch velvet pants I wear. My nanny laughs because they're sort of upgraded sweat pants. But I think it's a slippery slope. If I am dressed dumpy, I am going to eat badly and act dumpy. It's such a simple thing to get dressed and feel better about yourself.

Parents.com: Ever have mommy guilt about working so much?
LB: As a parent I think that it's great for my kids to see that I am taking advantages of all these opportunities. They have a healthy, successful role model. I love the idea that more moms are starting businesses and doing things for themselves. Women are amazing. Men could never handle all of the things that women do. It never gets easier, but women keep doing it and take whatever comes. We need to do a good job as parents but also have to be responsible to ourselves and live our lives to their fullest potential.

Parents.com: Venture a guess who will win this season?
LB: I'm still trying to decide. There are some contestants who think that they are all that and I don't think they are that at all.

Parents.com: Like who?
LB: I think Christian with the wacky hair is way too young and too full of himself, and he's making a mistake by not taking Tim's advice. I think Victorya and Rami are looking pretty good to me at the moment.

[Illustrations: Robert Best/iVillage.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment