Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Project Runway Canada - Shernett Swaby


Shernett Swaby talked to Metro recently about her memories of the show.

What was the big mistake that sent you home?
“I really don’t think there was a mistake that got me sent home – I don’t think of it that way. I just think about it as it was time for me to go according to the producers. I really don’t think I did anything wrong on my particular challenge. They asked for my resort collection, and I came up with my resort collection – what I would wear if I was heading out to a resort. The fact that it didn’t translate to them doesn’t mean anything to me. You can’t please everyone.”

What didn't you get to show the judges and the audience?
“The regular clothing that I sell through my boutique and through my collection, I normally do a lot of details, a lot of 3-D effects, and I don’t think there was enough time to show as much of that as I would have liked. I don’t know when they’re going to come in and say ‘Well designers, you only have two minutes.’ So I didn’t want to get to in-depth with anything and not be able to finish it.”

What will you always remember from your experience on PRC?
“I’ll remember that the people that I worked with were amazing. All the people backstage and the designers were all really talented. So I’ll always remember that it was the only opportunity I’ll have to work with that much creative talent in one room. And I think the only thing it taught me or reminded me was to not change who you are or what you do – just stick with what you do and whatever you do, do it to the maximum.”

Who's going to win? Who do you want to win?
“I can’t say who I want to win because I want me to win. So I wouldn’t say I want anyone to win – I want us all to do well, because in my mind it’s not a competition, it’s an opportunity. The TV show was not a competition, it was an opportunity. So I don’t see it as win or lose, and that question, if anyone asks, I’ll say I want me to win. I wish us all well, but I was really looking forward to me winning. I think personality is going to win, and because, knowing what I do, and because it’s a TV show, they want entertainment, and the most entertaining designer is Biddell.”


And darlings, here's your chance to compare the Americans and the Canadians as they take on exactly the same challenge that the S2 designers had.

PR CANADA EPISODE 10: LISTEN TO IMAN

You can watch Parts 2-6 here.

[Photo: John Van Der Schilden/Slice - Video: MsRoyalT/YouTube]

No comments:

Post a Comment