Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Project Runway Canada - Megan Fischer



Metro talked to Megan from her home in Singapore about her time on the show.

"Calgary-born Megan Fischer was the dark horse of Project Runway Canada’s debut season from the first episode, but survived despite the outright hostility of her fellow designers for most of the season until she was sent home last night at the end of an evening gown competition.

What was the mistake that sent you home?
I think I just did something that was too simple. Everybody did these really constructed evening gowns, and then I did a column dress, and they thought it looked too simple next to these really constructed gowns, and that was probably the mistake. But if I had to do it all over again I would have done the exact same thing.

What didn’t you get to show the judges and the audience?
I don’t know, actually. I think toward the end, I started to get more toward what I actually do with my collection, as opposed to stuff that’s less like what I’d actually do with my clothes. The last gown was actually more true to me, so I think I didn’t get a chance do show more of what I do that’s in my style.

What will you always remember from your experience on PRC?
Too many things. It’s burned into my brain. I think I’ll remember not to cry on national television. Repeatedly.

Who do you want to win?
I would love for Stephen to win because he’s great, and I love his aesthetic. And I think he’s handled himself very well throughout the whole thing. And now that Marie-Genevieve’s back, maybe she’ll have a chance. I would think either Biddell or Lucian are going to win because they’re the?judges’ favourites."

PR CANADA EPISODE 8: SPLASH FROM THE PAST

You can watch Parts 2-6 here.

And kittens, remember when we said that a certain Project Runway alum would be playing the "Tim Gunn" role for at least one episode of the Canadian version of the show? Well, here's your chance to find out.

[Photo: John Van Der Schilden/Slice - Video: MsRoyalT/YouTube]

No comments:

Post a Comment