Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2008

VictorYA: The sweet smell of self-delusion.




Tim: Hi, VictorYa! What's -- Oh, Jesus.
Victorya: Hello Tim. I like my dress, Tim.


Tim: VictorYa, it looks like something Nellie Olson would wear. In outer space.
Victorya: No it doesn't, Tim. I like my dress.


Tim: No, really. Stop it. I'm not allowed to do this, but I'm telling you: stop. Now.
Victorya: I am making a pretty, pretty dress, Tim.


Tim: VictorYa, I say this as a stern, but loving mentor: Is there a drug issue I should know about?


Seriously, what the HELL was going on here?


Don't get us wrong, we're all for whimsy. We certainly praised Rami to the heavens for his whimsical dress.


But this...this is just weird. It's like, none of her choices made any sense to us.


Of course, having her model go all Stepford on us didn't exactly help the presentation. If she'd made something that looked doll-like, we might have understood the bizarre walk.


But this doesn't call to mind a doll. It's just all over-ruffled and over-peplum'd to the point of distraction.


And it's all weirdly off-kilter for no apparent reason. We just want to go up to her and yank and tug everything into place.

Look at her model. She is PISSED at her right now. She's all "Fine. I walked like you told me to. Now my career's ruined. Thanks a lot, bitch."

The judges were just as weirded out as we were.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say, 'What the FUCK, girl?"


We just don't get VictorYa. Confidence is fine and being able to defend your work is a valuable asset on this show, but the whole "I love it and I'd definitely wear it" thing sounded like such an obvious lie to us. Just admit that you went off the rails a bit. She's another one of the judges' pets, so an aufing wasn't in the offing. Just come clean and say, "I tried to go for a look, but I'm not sure I achieved it." The judges LOVE that shit.

Photo: Barbara Nitke/bravotv.com - Screencaps: Project RunGay]


Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment