Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Judy Noodles Responds!

Darlings, you asked and we got the answer.

Leanne, we're getting a TON of emails asking us why you switched models. You mentioned on the show that you thought Suede had an advantage by having Tia etc etc. Do you want to add anything to that for our readers?


I had no idea we would be choosing models like that again with the bag until Heidi came out. And I had no real intentions of switching Karalyn because I was happy working with her. Of course, I had always admired Tia, and to me (and the other designers) she was just hands down incredible on the runway. She sold it every time like no one else could. I joked to Suede several times about stealing her away.

So, the opportunity arose where my name was called before Suede's and before I even knew what I was doing I switched and it was done. I had been feeling the pressure in the last stages of the competition where I needed every advantage I could get, especially because I felt myself slipping a little in previous challenges. It was a snap decision made partially out of insecurity.

Nonetheless, I really shocked myself and everyone else. Of course, I didn't even think about all the grief it would cause Karalyn because I thought at least one of the other designers would snap her up.
I have apologized to her dozens of times and we are on pretty good terms now, but I still feel really bad about it.

It was by no means a personal decision. In that moment, it was purely a business move, and I just did it. And yeah, it is a competition for the models. Karalyn was stunning and I think the most photogenic model, but it is called Project RUNWAY and that's where we were being judged.


I feel horrible hurting feelings and I usually go to great lengths to avoid it. At the time I was mentally exhausted, emotionally drained, and I was just trying to keep myself in the competition any way that I could. And Tia did a fabulous job, so in her case she beat her competitors and got to stay in the game.


Thanks, doll!


P.S. You can read Karalyn's latest post on the same issue here.


[Screencaps: Projectrungay.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment