Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kenley's Side of the Story

Fancast: Inside TV caught up with Kenley to find out whether she is really a Mean Girl or if it was just another case of Magical Elves editing. Here's her side of the story:

"We never got to see your personal life, even when Tim went to go visit you and check out the collection.

Yeah, I had my best friend who is practically my sister who I grew up with, and my boyfriend there that day. We all had breakfast with Tim, and had mocha’s. It was a whole big thing! But they don’t show my family even though they showed everyone else’s in that episode.

What about in respect to the judges and Tim? Taking their criticisms and listening to them? Do you think that you valued their opinions?

I was always eager to see what they had to say. There’s some respect there, but I never really compromised my designs. I’m very passionate about what I do, and if you’re not a passionate artist, don’t be an artist at all. I think that defending my outfits was simply because the judges just became so repetitive. Heidi would say the same thing three times, like ‘those are horrible! I can’t believe they walked down the runway!’ So, and you’re out there for four hours listening to this, and people need to realize that. So, yeah, they did get reactions out of me. I’m shocked that no one was the way I was. It just became like jabs over and over again. I just got annoyed, like ‘alright! I heard you the first three times, now you’re just doing it for TV. Making sure you get that comment on camera and get my reaction.’ So they really did get the best of me.

Do you feel at all remorseful about anything? Do you think you did anything wrong? Or conversely, do you feel like there were a lot of positive things people just didn’t get a chance to see?

I think that’s it, exactly. Pretty much from day one Korto didn’t like me. She had this nasty attitude towards me. So, when I feel that I have the same thing back. It was just kind of ups and downs with her, and Leanne too. Leanne she kind of took under her wing, she was like her sidekick or something. I don’t know. I’m an individual. I just became the outcast, I guess probably because of me…When I feel like someone doesn’t like me I don’t really try to make the effort to try to make them like me. I think that’s what happened. As far as doing anything differently, I came on the show to get my line and my name out, and that’s what I did. It worked and I’m having things being sold on my website. That’s what I came on the show to do, and that’s what I did. As far as talking about people, I feel bad about saying mean things. Sometimes I cringe when I say something so harsh about someone because I know it probably hurt them. I know it hurt me. I regret saying some things."

Read the entire interview here.

[Photo: Getty Images]

No comments:

Post a Comment