Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Interview with The Gunn


TV Guide has a great interview with Tim, where he doesn't disappoint in the dish department.

Some excerpts:

On his show:
How excited are you to come back for a second season of "Guide to Style"?

Well, I'm thrilled about it. I'll be really honest: I found the taping of Season 1 to be really difficult and really grueling. I know it was largely because it was our first season and we were finding our way and learning the ropes. But doing Season 2 was really a thrill, I have to say. A good part of that has to do with Gretta Monahan and what she's like to work with and how user-friendly she is. There's so much empathy she can give our fashion-challenged subjects. This is not in any way to denigrate Veronica Webb; I adore her. But when you're a supermodel, it's hard for someone to feel like they understand your issues.

On Kenley's behavior:
The way they edit makes it seem like you're aloof to the fact that she's so rude to you. She's constantly rolling her eyes and making dismissive comments about you, and you don't seem to react.

The editing is brilliant. You only see a mere portion of what actually goes on. The conversation I had with Kenley in the workroom was easily a good 15 to 20 minutes. During her home visit, we had a very amicable time, and I saw a warmer, more user-friendly side of Kenley. But when she returns for fashion week, she's back with her boat barrels blazing, let me tell you. But, you know she does this to herself. I simply call her on what I believe to be ill-advised decisions. And then of course she pushes back in her Kenley-like way. Then, you're like, "Fine. All right. Fine. Do whatever you want." It's like my old refrain, "I can't want you to succeed more than you do."

Read the entire article here.

Incidentally, if you haven't caught it yet, his show is vastly improved from last season. We'll have a post about it soon.

[Photo: Bravotv.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment