Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Interview with The Hair Witch



Darling, we think you’re FABULOUS. The kicky hair, the witch dresses, the big rings that probably have the souls of your enemies trapped inside – you are working a look, girl! How did your look evolve? Or is this something you’re only doing at the moment and any second now you’re gonna break out the mini-skirts and extensions?

I am lazy when it comes to me, and Black just works! As you know I also like a little drama so it just fits me. Change my look; maybe after this show I need to!!

So, Australia to London to New Jersey. That’s like someone’s vacation backwards. Tell us a little about your salon, your work with Joico, and how you got to where you are.

My salon is like my Baby I love it, It is was a long time coming and I wanted to wait until I could truly devote myself to it and create a haven for my clients my staff and of course Moi. My work with Joico is a true creative outlet for me, I am an educator and I spend most of my time traveling all over the world (130,000 miles a year) doing shows and teaching other hairdressers. I started my career in OZ moved to London(and stayed 8 yrs) to further it and gain more experience and NJ is because I have family here, everything fell into place and now I call it home.

Now let’s talk Shear Genius: What made you decide to try out for it? Did you have expectations going in?

It was curiosity that led me to try out for Shear Genius and my expectation going in was to represent an industry I love and hopefully win. Oh well!!

What did you think of the challenges? Which ones were your favorites and which did you think were stupid?

I enjoyed all the challenges but the hair through the ages annoyed me. C’mon.

Oh but honey, we LOVED it. How about the judges? Best? Worst? Hardest-to-understand?

I don’t think I ever truly understood what the judges were looking for. My favorite guest judge was Garren, he is fierce.

We’ve been dilly-dallying long enough: What’s your take on your elimination? Because honey, on our couch it looked like you let your dislike of Tyson get the better of you. Set the record straight. What happened? Do you stick pins in a little Tyson doll now?

Tyson and I dropped the ball on that challenge, but was our hair worse than Boogie and Ben's? You guys decide. My dislike of Tyson was not our downfall, the hair was. I was frustrated because he never told me he was having issues and YES I asked, and my tirade was frustration because how can you sell that hair when in your heart you know it wasn’t up to par. The judges look at the hair before they bring in the models and I knew in my gut it was us, so I let loose and as always was honest about how I felt. As for the Tyson doll we went out for my birthday for drinks and I wish him a happy life and maybe a re challenge!

Any regrets about doing the show? Do you like how you came across? Did you have any idea that you would be a fan favorite?

I have no regrets about doing the show I made some wonderful friends and the experience was brilliant. I came across quite one-dimensional and there is much more to me than that. I do have an acerbic wit and tongue but I also have a heart of gold.

The support I have had from people has been amazing, and thanks to you all.

Our pleasure, doll! What’s next for our Hair Witch?

Back to the cauldron! No seriously, I am off to Australia, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Shanghai and Bangkok for shows and that’s just June and July. As always I will be in the salon taking care of it and my clients and the rest...let's watch what happens!!

Thanks for sitting down and chatting with us, Miss Fabulous! We love you! Please don’t turn us into goats or anything!


BONUS: Preview, Poodles!


Dr. Boogie has a totally heterosexual response to being in the final four and the remaining stylists meet their clients for the short cut challenge here.

Also, don't go to bed after the episode, because...

"The "Shear Genius Reunion: Watch What Happens Special" will air on Bravo Wednesday, May 23 at 11 PM ET/PT, hosted by Bravo's Senior Vice President of Programming Production, Andy Cohen. Viewers will get behind-the-scenes scoop, see reactions to the show and relive the drama as Jaclyn Smith, Sally Hershberger, Michael Carl and the 12 stylists come together once again."

Bring it, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment