Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Faith Hill in Redbook

Darlings, to further our continuing mission to bring you pretty things to look at, here's Faith Hill's gorgeous editorial for Redbook.


"Beauty for me has a lot to do with happiness and a certain confidence deep inside. People can see both of those things on your face. As I get older, I'm learning much more about how to better take care of myself and the things that do and don't work for me. I know this probably sounds so elementary, but I was a late bloomer in this department. I have a routine now that I've been able to see results from. I feel like I'm putting in this new effort to take care of myself, and I can see the benefits from it. And I don't have to be all decked out to feel that way."

Oh, shut up, bitch. You don't age.

Catherine Malandrino Spring 2009 Collection
Model: Aminata Niaria

She looks pretty and it's a nice cover, but the real work is on the inside.

Marchesa Spring 2009 Collection
Model: Yulia Kharlaponova

Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2009 Collection
Model: Bruna Tenorio

Yes, yes. Genetically gifted woman wearing thousands of dollars worth of dress. Very nice, but let's get to the meat of this one, shall we? She chose three "iconic blondes" to recreate for her layout.

How did you decide on Grace Kelly, Brigitte Bardot, and Twiggy as the three iconic blondes you wanted to portray?
When REDBOOK came to me with this idea — of taking on the persona of three iconic beauties — I just loved it. I thought it was important that each of these blondes was unique in her style, her background, and her personality. Twiggy represented the mod look of the '60s, while Grace was more about a certain classic elegance and beauty, and Brigitte was more defined by her sensuality and her sexuality.


Vintage dress

"It was hard for me to look at myself as Twiggy. I think she was in her late teens when the original photo was taken. And there is a very big difference between a teenager and a 41-year-old! [Laughing] And I'm not talking about the lines on the eyes of a 41-year-old versus a teenager; I'm talking about the wisdom that comes as you get older. You can see through to the soul with the eyes, and with Twiggy, I felt she had such an innocence. When I first looked at myself in the mirror, I saw a maturity and wisdom that Twiggy had not yet experienced. Her version was beautiful and flawless, but for me, as a woman who's come into her own a little more comfortably, it's just a different kind of beauty."

She looks fabulous. We never would have thought she could pull off a believable Twiggy impersonation, but there she is. Faith Twiggy. Is it us or does she look a little Julia Roberts there?

Vintage dress

"To be completely candid, I felt least like Brigitte of all three of the women we did. I've referenced her, read about her, and seen so much on her during my career, though, that there's a part of her that I can really understand and relate to. To me, sexuality is very different from sensuality. And Brigitte possesses this sensual essence that is so powerful. She is always sexy, no matter what, but it isn't in that blatant, trying-to-be-sexy way; it's more that it is just a part of her that can't be denied. Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I'm even one tenth as sensual as that woman is, but if I could possess that kind of sensuality, I would want to possess it like she does."

To be candid, it shows. We give her credit for trying, but Bardot is so far away from who she is that she manages only a passing resemblance. She doesn't look particularly comfortable trying this skin on.

Randi Rham dress

"Grace is probably the one that I relate to the most in my life and the one that I have most in common with. My mother-in-law has always told me that I remind her of Grace Kelly. I think it's about how I carry myself, how I look in photographs, that sort of thing. I think, too, it's probably that I have this seemingly high-profile life, like Grace did, and that we were both the mother of three children. In my opinion, she epitomizes the all-American girl with a quiet class and inner strength. She was like everybody's girl — seemingly comfortable and accessible — and yet untouchable."

This is the one she nails. She really looks spectacular there.

[Photos: Gilles Bensimon/Redbookmag.com]



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment