Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MMAS: T Lo Interviews Mountaha

The Brazilian bombshell sits down for a little chat.




Let’s start with your name. That’s an unusual name for a Brazilian girl.
Yes, and it’s actually Lebanese because that’s where my grandparents are from.

Does it mean anything?
It actually means inner beauty but I don’t really tell that to anyone that often.

Were you shocked as much we were with your elimination?
Yes, I was, you could see how shocked I was. I didn’t expect it, everything happened so fast, I really didn’t think that I would be eliminated.

Did you think you had more potential than Branden?
No, I think he has a lot of potential, he’s young and he’s like a sponge just taking everything in and learning. He has improved a lot; when he started he could barely walk. He did better than I did and I’m not just going to sit here and say ‘Oh, no, he should’ve gone home and I should’ve stayed.’ I agree with the judges. Maybe that was my time to go. I was really surprised because I didn’t expect it . I guess I was just really hoping that I would make it to the top, but it’s OK.

You’ve been modeling since the age of 14.
I started because my mom took me to a school where you learn how to eat a five-course meal, how to walk in heels and everything and there was a modeling agency and that’s how I started. I started doing little things, but my parents also wanted me to focus on school and that’s why I never went full on because they wanted me to finish high school, go to college. So now is the time.

You were definitely the strongest walker on the show. What is it with Brazilian models? They're always the best walkers.
I think that’s something that Brazilians have that is different than other people. We do know how to walk, a little signature walk, that particular charm to your walk. I guess that’s just different than the rest.

Do you feel a lot of pressure as a Brazilian model to always impress since they always expect the best from Brazilian models?
Yes, because there are so many amazing models and supermodels who are Brazilian. You always want to keep up and look up to that. Yes, there’s definitely a lot of pressure.

The judges kept saying you had an edgy look. Do you agree with them?
I think because the hair is short and blond that definitely makes me a little edgier. I think I’m very versatile, and you know, you can always just change your look and look more girly and not so edgy, but there are going to be a lot different jobs out there that I could book for being so edgy, so I think that’s actually a plus for me.

We agree with the judges when they said that you have the type of look on the runway that one will always remember.
Right, and that’s a great thing. I was really happy when I heard that. It’s good that they see that. I’m different and like Catherine Malandrino said, I’m not the pretty girl, not the girl-next-door with blond hair. It’s good that I have a memorable look.

Speaking of Catherine Malandrino, we felt that it was a little unfair that they put you in a judge’s dress when there was so much at stake at that point in the competition.
I actually felt really honored that I could wear one of her dresses and walk for her. Yes, I agree that my walk wasn’t the strongest it had been, and yes, it was a lot of pressure because she was sitting right there and judging me. I felt it was needed, at that point in the competition; they really needed to push it to a limit and see if we could make it because that’s what the business is all about. I should’ve brought it as I had before on the catwalk and it wasn’t my strongest walk, unfortunately.

What was your favorite photoshoot?
I think the Rowdy one. That was more like a real photoshoot. You’ve got a change of clothes, and you take pictures of all the models. But all the photoshoots were amazing and the final one was definitely super exciting. The adrenaline was insane.

Do you have a favorite? Are you rooting for anyone now?
If any of those three guys win I’ll be happy because all of them have great potential, great personalities, but I’m a huge fan of Jonathan. I got along really well with him and he’s a great person. I think that he could use the money, I mean any of them could use the money. Branden said that he would help his mom, Sandhurst said that he wanted to pay off his school loan, but Jonathan has a family and everything, so I’ll be rooting for him.

So, what’s next for Mountaha? What’ve you been doing?
I’m back in the city [New York], I lived here before, so I’m back here and getting in touch with New York Models actually, so things are going to start to get better now. I’m excited. You’re going to see a lot of me.

We certainly hope so. Thank you so much, darling.
Thank you.



[Photos: BravoTV.com]



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment