Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gwen Stefani in ELLE magazine

Gwen Stefani in Elle, ladies.


"On being a mother: “It’s one thing when you have an infant, but when you have this two-or three-year-old going, ‘Mommy, what’s the deal?’ it’s harder. Kingston’s whole thing is, ‘I need, I need.’ He is insane right now. We’re just hoping for the best and that he’s not going to turn out to be a freak, but we’ll see.”


On celebrity: “Obviously, I’m not anything more than I am. I’m just, like, totally normal. The fact that any of this has happened, that we’re sitting here at the Beverly Hills Hotel just gets me going, like, What?”


On leaving No Doubt: “Everybody’s making it like there’s all this new tension, you know, like I stepped away from the band and now they’re jealous of me, and look, maybe there is a little bit of that.”


On how her priorities changed from band to family: “I wasn’t even married. Now I’m a wife and a mother of two. It’s a really different role. I always referred to No Doubt as a marriage, because that’s what it’s like to be together for so long and go through what we’ve been through. I can’t really have that relationship with them anymore. My priorities are always going to be my husband and my family now. That’s a huge, huge thing.”


Blahblahblah. That's all very interesting in a not-so-interesting sort of way, but what people want to know is, "What do T Lo think of the editorial?"

Well, here's what we think of the editorial.




Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 Collection
Model: Olga Sherer


Love it.

Lorenzo just spent a fevered 5 minutes detailing everything that is WRONGWRONGWRONG about this layout and then ended it with "But then again, I can't stand her." It's true. He can't roll his eyes hard enough whenever her name comes up because he thinks she's a major poser who got some very lucky breaks along the way.


Current/Elliot tie-dye jeans

Like that shirt.

To which Tom always replies "How is that different from a million other celebrities out there?" And Lorenzo says that it just IS, okay?




Alexander McQueen Fall 2009
Model: Amanda Laine


That is gorgeous and they fucked it up by showing so little of it.

This is all just a roundabout way of saying that, while Lorenzo had some valid complaints - namely that the composition of the pictures wasn't all that great - they were mostly fueled by his antipathy toward her. Look, everybody's got that one celebrity that inexplicably sets them off like nails on a chalkboard. Lorenzo's just got more than one celebrity in that particular file, that's all.




Rodarte Fall 2009 Collection
Model: Jourdan Dunn


Strangely not working for her.

We're both in agreement that it's a relatively uninspired layout, though. It just kinda sits there even though they picked fantastic, sometimes eye-popping clothes and had a model that even Lorenzo admits knows how to wear an outfit and how to take a good picture.

There. Those are the entirety of our thoughts on this editorial, laid out in loving detail. Discuss.


Behind-the-scened video:



[Scans: TheFashionSpot - Photos: Style.com]



Post a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment