Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TFS: The Runners Up to the Runners Up




We don't know... it's kinda cute but it's kinda off.

We'll start here, since she did: it's a good match to the Martin Margiela shoes. Rather than interpret the shoes as a dress (like a couple other designers did), she took the real-world approach and made an outfit to go with the shoes.

It's definitely got a modern feel to it.

But something seems slightly off with the proportions. The pants are a mite saddle-baggy and the top is a mite maternityesque. It just feels like everything's flaring out as it heads towards her midsection.

That bizarre necklace thing was no help.

Okay Rubik, we're starting to yawn.


It's draped and asymmetrical and colorless. Done and done, James-Paul. Time to move on.

We do NOT agree on this dress, kittens.

Again, let's start with the shoes. He was one of the designers that basically just made a dress that looked exactly like the shoes. Black shoes with pink flower detail? Black dress with pink flower detail! Come on. No one dresses like that.

Although that construction in the skirt is kind of interesting, to be fair.

Lorenzo thinks all of the interesting stuff going on in the skirt helps to make the dress but Tom just thinks she looks like something you decorate a bathroom with.

But it doesn't matter what we think. What does Keith himself think?
"You can imagine my disappointment when my dress wasn’t one of the final 3 contenders. Yes, I thought the other designers all did an excellent job with their work, but only Reco’s compared technically to what I did . Plus, plain and simple…my dress was pretty to look at. It was fun, flirty and perfect for a fashion show inspired by a topic as delightful as shoes.

In all honesty, at this point I’m no longer sure that this is the right competition for me. Even the judges are beginning to confuse and bore me. Week after week they contradict themselves and make vague, abstract comments with an undertone of sarcasm and condescension. The mean spirited nature of the judges is becoming mundane, clown-like and aggravating. Isaac uses his hands like a chef wielding knives at the local Benihana and seems to be suffering from indigestion (which could explain the grumpiness).

And with the chop of his hand he awarded Reco best designer and sent Andrew packing. I liked Reco’s dress and thought Andrew’s dress was lovely too. I’m sure Andrew was probably somewhat relieved to be escaping the insanity…or not. I’m sorry folks…this week I’m throwing my hands up in confusion. I am beginning to feel like that lost child at the county fair praying my parents rescue me from the madness."

Oh Mary. Get a hold of yourself, your slip is showing.


[Photos: BravoTV.com - Screencaps: Projectrungay.blogspot.com]


Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment