Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Note from Jerell

Ruh-roh! Jerell wants a word with us.



"Hi guys,

Just thought I'd take a moment to help explain my spring 2010 collection. For me it's really about young Hollywood, glitz , glamour and the world's obsession with the 'Pop Star.' It's kinda dirty, it's kinda wrong, but at the same time you can't turn away from it. As everyone knows, I'm a man with a lot of crazy ideas, and a lust for the flashier side of things. I really enjoy mixing lots of unexpected fabrics, textures and embellishments. I'll be the first to scream from the mountain top that it's not for every one, but instead for a select group of trend setting seriously stylish girls. Who set the tone for what the masses will be doing three seasons from now.

Also remember I'm self trained and kinda have my own ways of trying to figure things out. I learned a lot about myself as a designer on the show, and continue to learn with each new piece I create. The whole process is super exciting for me. Also I've made an appointment with the optometrist to try to get the prescription adjusted on my 'editing eye,' but I guess it's all part of the process
.

I've received a lot of positive reactions to my work since the show ended. All sorts of amazing things are happening all the time, but you can only imagine how excited I was to see Katy Perry strutting her 'fab pop star' stuff all around L.A. in one of my frocks! See, I think I'm on to something.


Thanks to all the amazing people out there who dig my style and who have shown me much love and support my dreams are coming true every day.


Wishing you all the best,


Jerell Scott


P.S. The girls in my show were supposed to look like they were on their way to the after party after the after party. It's 'Hollywood!' But I must admit the 'sad panda eyes' comment had me cracking up."


It's always nice to find out that a designer has a sense of humor and can take criticism in stride. Kudos, Jerell.

Now. Katy Perry, you say?

Katy Perry doing a little shopping in West Hollywood, CA wearing Jerell Scott spring 2010







It's actually a cute little day dress and she looks fine for a day of shopping. Congrats, Jerell.


[Photos: Getty Images/WireImage]



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment