Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

Emily vents!



What was your reaction to Heidi’s harsh comments saying that your dress was “distracting and cliché,” and your ”voice as a designer” didn’t come through?

You know they’re looking for big labels, which don’t stick. I totally disagree.

Did you think Kenley’s dress deserved to win?

No. I don’t think it was flattering. We were making fun of it. One side with this huge sort of balloon, voluminous thing, and the other side just not. I think Leanne should have won, definitely.

What about all of Kenley’s comments about your dress, calling it unoriginal? Hers looked pretty similar to Balenciaga’s spring collection.

Uh huh. Um, well, first of all, in fashion you have to know that nothing is new, its just a new way of doing it. Do I think my dress was new? It’s an asymmetrical dress, so no I wasn’t breaking the minds of everyone. I was a little annoyed that they edited that clip of Kenley in, because in my opinion she heard what the judges said on the stage and then repeated it in a later interview. I just thought it was kind of tacky.

Do you have any more insight into why you think you went home?

I don’t know if I’m allowed to comment. Sandra Bernhard said it wasn’t her decision, that she actually really liked the dress, but it was a group decision in the end.

What about the strongest designers?

Leanne and Korto were my roommates and I think they both have a really strong and individual design aesthetic and I would love to see their full collections.


More here.

Project Runway Roundup: Emily Auf’ed, Says Kenley Comments Were "Tacky," Stands By Her Dress [Fancast]
[Screencap: Projectrungay.blogpost.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment