Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Leanne has something to say to her model



She's totally in the wrong here. Just sayin'.


And here's Karalyn's take from her MySpace Page:

"First of all- Let me set the record straight- I was very confident in Leanne's the dress the whole time. -I am pretty sure the other 14 models can vouch for that!!!

When Tim Gunn set us models loose in Mood Fabrics, I was completely lost. They made it look like there was SOOOO much to choose from. No joke, there were 3 bins of Green Fabrics. All we had to select from was jersey, jersey, jersey (which when I left Leanne in the workroom she said "Make sure you get something with structure!" ) So jersey was OUT of the question… a cocktail dress made solely out of jersey? PLEASEEEE! Anyways, besides the jersey, all Mood had was the satin in brown, champagne and black. Since this episode's challenge was for us to pick something WE would wear, I went with brown- I love earthy tones. (I think Stella confused me with Kendall). I also picked up some beautiful feathers, and zippers (thank God).

When I introduced Leanne to my Mood purchases, she was visibly worried but overall optimistic. Although we were the designer's muses, I decided that I already had enough input in the dress, thanks to the trip to Mood, and I told Leanne that all I really want to see in the dress was pockets and a belt. After all, she is the designer and this show is for her to express her style and skills.

I found it incredibly ironic that the producers chose not to include any of the SEVERAL, positive discussions Leanne and I had over the design. They also made sure to air every "negative" looking face I could have made. (You guys enjoy that face I made in the hair salon… hot right? ;) As we went backstage for the runway, all of the models said how much they LOVED Leanne's dress, and I couldn't have agreed more… I guess when I went into this show I thought (like in past seasons) the judges would be more critical towards the FINISHED product… key word FINISHED."

[Video: Bravotv.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment