Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gunn Shot

The man sure does give juicy interviews.



Our pal Mo Ryan sat down with Sir Tim and once again, the goods were gotten. Highlights:

On the new season:
One challenge in the first half of the season will set the "Runway" blogs on fire. He called the outcome "unprecedented in 'Project Runway' history and even I will not fully believe it -- that it really happened -- until I actually see it.

People will be surprised as the show unwinds, people will be very surprised by who wins and who goes home. I shouldn’t say that because the way that the show is edited [can sometimes make it easier for the viewer at home to figure out who is leaving]. For me, when I am looking at all of these people and I know what is going on in the workroom and I hear the five, six, seven hours of [runway Q&A with the judges] and [judges'] deliberations, my head is spinning. I am seldom correct about about who is going home or who is winning.

On the designers:
"We have a really interesting mix of youngsters and more mature people with a lot of experience. And make no assumptions about the experience being an asset. There have been people who've been asserting that it's not fair, that these people with more seasoning have an advantage. Not necessarily the case at all. And frankly, I'm as surprised as I believe the viewers will be by the deftness and the agility of these younger people because I was thinking, "Oh, these kids are going to burn out." But they've stayed with us. And I'm not saying the more mature people leave right away but it's a very interesting season to watch. Very interesting."

On the models:
"We have drama to beat the band, including a model who refused to wear the garment. I’m in the sewing room begging her -- well, not begging her. I’m quite firm in saying, 'This is your responsibility. It’s not a matter of personal taste -- you are a mannequin basically. A walking mannequin. Put it on,'" Gunn said.

On the All-Star Special:
"We taped that show over the course of six days while we were taping Season 7. I was as close to a psychotic breakdown as I’ve ever been."

But the worst part of the "All-Star" special was dealing with Season 2's Santino Rice: "I don’t want to give him anymore press. He doesn’t need it. But that Santino Rice -- I was ready to take a cyanide capsule. I mean, he just sucks all the air out of a room."


"The crew was driven to despair, the producers -- I don’t know how they’ve edited it. I don’t know because Santino was a whirling dervish, 24/7."

On Season 7:
Season 7 of the show is already in the can, aside from the finale, which will be shot at New York Fashion Week in February.

Check out the whole interview here.


[Photo: Mike Yarish/Lifetime Networks]


Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment